Benefits Of Co-Sleeping with Baby
Co-sleeping with your little one seems safe and sound; after all, what’s sweeter than cuddling up all night with your little one?
But co-sleeping and bed-sharing with a baby have become heated terms, and parents have different opinions on both sides. Co-sleep with babies and increase the risk of SIDS, while on another side, parents who think not sleeping with a baby let them miss out on the important, love-bonding experience.
The bed-sharing may seem appealing to many parents, but it has risks, most prominently, co-sleeping increases baby’s chance of SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome).
But, having a baby sleep in your room, in her crib, lounger or bassinet, protects against SIDS.
Here in this article, we come up with answers to all questions parents have about bed-sharing and co-sleeping.
What is co-sleeping and bed-sharing?
Parents often interchange both terms, co-sleeping and bed-sharing, but they’re not the same — and it is very important to know the difference.
Bed-sharing is sleeping with the baby in the same bed and the same sleeping surface.
Co-sleeping is sleeping close to your baby; it can be in the same bed or nearby in the same room.
Most risks are associated with bed-sharing, which is one way of co-sleeping, and it is not a very healthy practice. The most known risk that causes due to bed-sharing is the baby's risk of SIDS. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) also warns and discourages bed-sharing.
Ultimately, there is no safe bed-sharing, and as a parent, you must never sleep in the same bed with your baby.
While co-sleeping is safe and is safer than bed-sharing— in co-sleeping, the baby sleeps in your bedroom, but in her crib, lounger bassinet.
The AAP also encourages and recommends room-sharing until your baby is at least 6 months old.
Benefits of co-sleeping
Either you are a parent who considers themselves as attachment parents and supports the idea of co-sleeping or a parent who likes their baby to sleep in their room, both agree that co-sleeping has so many advantages.
- The AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) research shows some positive impacts on a baby's health. They suggest co-sleeping with all possible safety precautions reduces the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
- Co-sleeping helps in better sleep; parents agree that infants who co-sleep go to sleep very fast and stay asleep longer, which ultimately helps them in good health.
- Having your baby in a lounger or bassinet next to your bed helps parents feed their baby very easily and quickly, supporting both mom and baby to get back to sleep faster.
- Mothers who co-sleep are feeling much better and well-rested.
- There is some research that shows some significant benefits, such as infants who co-sleep have much stronger emotional relationships with their parents and other people.
- Studies show that co-sleeping also has some physiological benefits, i.e., regulating body temperature and synching breathing to the adult.
Why to choose a Smiling Gaia baby nest lounger?
Who doesn't want to lounge comfortably for hours? Well, we even wish to be better when it comes to our kid's comfort.
When it comes to your baby’s comfort and well-being, you would never want to settle with less. For example, with co-sleepers, you only want to choose something that can reliably keep your baby secure and relaxed throughout the day. Most newborn loungers are challenging to maintain and carry around—the only problem. What you need is a baby bed that’s a breeze to clean, use, and bring wherever you have to be!
You might be looking for the best lounger because you want your baby to have a safer space to explore and enjoy the ultimate comfort.
That's why we come up with the best Smiling Gaia baby nest lounger.
The lounger is specially designed for your baby's comfort.
Your precious child deserves to rest comfortably every single time. That's why Smiling Gaia specially designed this nest lounger with significant-quality parts.
It showcases an ingenious double-sided design, which is the only one of its kind! Another thing to rave about our newborn nap time essential is that it's fitted with an irresistibly soft and ergonomic pillow with a double-sided design.